Yummy Foods in Italia #Eurotrip2015

Duomo Cathedral, Milano, IT


“NOT I – NOT ANYONE else, can travel that road for you, You must travel it for yourself.” – Walt Whitman



I'd never imagined that I was be able to go to another continent of this world. It was like a dream but sure was so beautiful. So, I participated on a conference located in Milano Italy. The conference itself already blew me away. Thank you Microsoft for the support and funding :)
Yeah, I was there during EXPO MILANO 2015. It was totally amazingly stunning place, event, and everything!!!!

Milano, Italy

Hotel's buffet menu, party at the bar, and GELATO(check until the last, you'll find my gelato)!


Halal marked Beef :)
Milan is famous of their heritage and of course their world class football team (AC Milan and Inter Milan). I spent almost 10 days here. At the first time it was not that easy to settle in different country from yours (especially different continent and type of person). I was living in japan before, so I was used to interact with people who says "Thank you" , "I am so sorry" , and "excuse me" all the time. While in europe, people are so blunt. The shop keeper didn't smile to the customer, The cashier in supermarket only said "Grazie" without smiling, Maybe I was too sensitive but It was quite different with anything I got from Japan. Yeah, they had their own way to express and interact with people, I just need to learn more about different kind of people.

For the first 4 days I stayed in 4 Stars Hotel (of course, thanks to microsoft's support and assistance) and ate buffet hotel menu all the time (feels like in paradiseee :D ). After that I moved to my friend's apartment in Milan.

“I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” — Rosalia de Castro

Food
Ok, let's first talk about the food. I didn't eat any rice on the first  days. Beef, Chicken, pasta, croissant, and a lot of cakes were my daily menu. First time I was so excited knowing I was granted to eat "all you can eat" food in the hotel, but as the day counts I missed rice so much...

PIZZA

You know what amazing to be in italia? You could eat pizza, yeah very original pizza, where they originally came from. I couldnt find any tomato sauce or mayonnaise on it. Yeah, actually original italian pizzas were never using any sauce or any other thing that could tear the original taste of pizza itself. So my pizza was soooo cheessyyy but it was so delicious. I LOVE IT!
 
This pizza was.......Sooo delicious

Mozzarella and the Pasta


About to eat those mozzarellas

Ultra weird kind of pasta

My kind of dinner on GALA DINNER with amazing people (mostly president of department) from Microsoft, Aviva, ITU, etc.


The salmons

beefs

lets sit and eat as a lady



(just) a little part
Summary, it was a great night. Especially because of the gala dinner was held on the skyscraper building. Looking Milano city from above was something.
Besides, at that dinner, it was first time on my life, I was granted to eat as many salmon as I want, totally so good. I could drink wine (of course) so I just drank mineral water.

Best dinner menu ever!!!

My last night staying at the hotel probably was the best dinner menu ever. Vegetables and very delicious fruit everywhere. The pastas were so good too! I am sure I gained weight that night.




the cake I could eat as much as I want


My everyday breakfast at the Crowne Plaza Hotel San Donato Milanese (all you can eat!)


















GELATO!!!

I love gelato! I could get 2 scopes of gelato with only 2.5-3 euros. Check my next post to know more about my gelato! Catch you soon :)



Claudia

Sendai, JP 
2015




1 comment: